Pre-School Martial Arts Hapkido Program Ages 4 to 5 Years Old
The Junior Hapki Program focuses on improving the basic motor and listening skills of preschool-age children; such skills will prove invaluable as these children will enter society with a more confident and enthusiastic outlook. Students will improve at school while becoming better listeners at home. At Kim's Hapkido, we believe the period between the ages of 4 and 5 is critical in a child's life. Our program is specifically designed to enhance positive childhood development in a fun and motivating way.
The Junior Hapki Program will engage your child in some of the foundational elements of the Korean martial art, Hapkido. In the Junior Hapki classes, not only will your child be exposed to the basics of this dynamic martial art, but he or she will also gain valuable experience in positive social interaction. Children will cooperate with others while working to improve their own technique. Students will also learn to follow directions from their instructors, good role models who are well-trained to work with preschool-aged children.
10 Major Skills That Junior Hapki Program Focus On:
- FOCUS - This skill will improve your child's listening and reaction skills. He or she will excel faster in physical activities. Your child will also become a better listener and a more focused student in school.
- TEAMWORK - Teamwork is necessary for any young child to learn. The more your child is willing to work with others, the more he or she will accomplish. Your child will develop character, which will help him or her make new friends and become a leader in life.
- CONTROL - Having control enables good decisions. Whether your child is in a stressful, uncomfortable, or unforeseen situation, he or she will possess the confidence to react appropriately.
- BALANCE - This skill is crucial to develop at an early age. As your child begins to participate in physical activities a good sense of balance is necessary.
- MEMORY - Developing a good memory is beneficial to all aspects of a child's life. He or she will be able to perform better academically with a strong and sharp memory.
- DISCIPLINE - Our instructors use a variety of techniques and drills to teach children that discipline can be fun and rewarding. Your child will take pride making good decisions. He or she will learn the importance of following directions.
- FITNESS - It is very important for children to understand that being physically fit is essential to a healthy lifestyle.
- COORDINATION - Your child will become a better participant in sports and physical activities. Moreover, the better coordination your child has, the fewer injuries your child will likely sustain.
- RESPECT - Children must learn from an early age that self respect and tolerance for others form the foundation of healthy interpersonal relationships. These values are an essential component of the curriculum and are continuously instilled in the students.
- CONFIDENCE - Your child will learn that confidence in him or herself will lead to visible rewards in and outside of the studio environment. He or she will realize that self-motivation, along with a strong sense of confidence, will always result in secure decisions.
6 Major Life Lessons Learned
#1: Avoiding Conflict
#2: Dealing with Adversaries
#3: Mental Strength
#4: Respect for Adults
#5: Awareness of Surroundings
#6: Self Respect and Tolerance